District Industries Center (DIC)
District Industries Centres (DIC) are responsible for promoting enterprises, particularly the medium, small and micro, at the district level and render all possible help and guidance in establishing the units. Besides, the DIC is also involved in implementation of Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) in the districts.
To facilitate the process of small enterprise development, DICs have been entrusted with most of the administrative and financial powers. For purpose of allotment of land, work sheds, raw materials etc., DICs functions under the ‘Department of Industries’. Each DIC is headed by a General Manager who is assisted by functional managers and project managers to look after the following activities:
- Accelerate the overall efforts for industrialisation of the district.
- Rural industrialisation and development of rural industries and handicrafts.
- Attainment of economic equality in various regions of the district.
- Providing the benefit of the government schemes to the new entrepreneurs.
- Centralisation of procedures required to start a new industrial unit and minimisation- of the efforts and time required to obtain various permissions, licenses, registrations, subsidies etc.
- Economic investigation
- Plant and machinery
- Research, education and training
- Raw materials
- Credit facilities
- Marketing assistance
- Cottage industries